It is the policy of the Cloroom Inc that our online shopping websites, mobile applications, and other digital content should be accessible to customers with disabilities including the blind and visually impaired.
Cloroom Inc has adopted the W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) Level AA as our accessibility standard for all online products and services that Cloroom designs and develops. We continually work to ensure, to the extent practicable, that our online website satisfies Level A and AA Success Criteria set forth in the WCAG 2.1.
While we strive to make Cloroom’s website, mobile application, and other digital assets as accessible as possible, our pages may not always show no errors on online testing or validation tools. For example, our approach to using image alternate text attributes includes keeping redundancies to a minimum, so we will sometimes opt to use empty alt attributes rather than duplicate content on the page. We regularly audit the website every quarter to make sure the newly added pages meet or exceed the standards put forth by WCAG 2.1 guidelines. We are continuously learning, making consistent efforts to make our website features accessible to all users.
Forms on our website use accessibility features that enable them to be used with screen readers. Cloroom urges third-party vendors providing content on our websites, mobile applications, and other digital assets to adhere to WCAG 2.1 Level AA and considers conformance with this standard when selecting third-party vendors. Some third-party content that appears on our websites and mobile applications may be outside of our ability to control. To achieve our accessibility goal, Cloroom also looks to the following best practices:
- Cloroom has a designated Manager, Digital Compliance & Production, who is responsible for overseeing Cloorom’s digital accessibility efforts and serves as a resource for the teams involved in developing and maintaining our digital content.
- Cloroom through third parties provides accessibility training and other forms of learning content to the teams responsible for developing and maintaining digital content so that they have the knowledge and experience needed to implement the standard outlined in this Policy.
- Cloroom assigns specific tasks to each of the major teams involved in the application and content development life-cycle to ensure, to the extent readily achievable, that we meet the accessibility standards. These tasks include design reviews, standards-based development, and quality assurance testing with assistive technology.
- Cloroom conducts automated scans and periodic manual evaluations(every quarter) to monitor, analyze and help repair accessibility issues found in our web applications and digital content. The results of this testing are reviewed in detail with independent accessibility consultants on a quarterly basis.
- Cloroom has procedures in place designed to ensure content is created and maintained in conformance with the WCAG 2.1 AA, including regular testing.
We welcome questions or concerns about the accessibility of the Cloroom website, mobile application, or other digital assets. Please contact email@example.com. This accessibility policy document was last updated on February 10th, 2021.